Re: [pygame] GIMP-like image enhancement?

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Jan Ekholm wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Jasper Phillips wrote:
>
> >Because they dynamicaly varry...  Think random map generator here.
>
> Isn't the world full of other random map generation algorithms anyway that
> don't need this fancy clothify algorithm? Not to be rude, but if the rest
> of your game isn't done yet you sure are focusing on the wrong stuff...

Using clothify doesn't have anything to do with random maps, it just simply
must be used after the map image is generated.  It's true that I haven't
seen another game use such an effect with random maps, but I consider that a
good thing.

The core of my game is finished, and while I still have more work to do I
think it would be a mistake to tack graphics on last; this is a game and
they are an integral part of the UI.  Also, I am sure it will take quite
some time for me to find an artist I like, and having decent screenshots
will mean I can start looking earlier -- not to mention set up a website,
etc.

-Jasper