Re: [pygame] AI

> how "tags" on bits of the environment allow for complex and surprising
> gameplay. Eg., if a fire spell affects anything marked "flammable," the
> hero can use it to burn trees and walls, not just enemies -- doing logical

Yes, that's exactly what Simpleton is being designed to do.  It's for
making adventure games, but the puzzles are emergent from the
qualities of the involved objects.

I haven't worked much with NPC-NPC interaction, although there are
some games coming out that do just that (ER, I believe).  It's not
technically challenging to manage the interactions, but it is
difficult to manage large amounts of them efficiently without slowing
down to player's game.

--
Andrew Ulysses Baker
"failrate"