Re: [pygame] usb game controllers

On Thursday 23 June 2005 18:04, frozensound@xxxxxx set 1,000 monkies in front
of keyboards and came up with the following:

> I only remember that i was too poor *sob* to affort any of the cool
> joysticks, so i had to buy cheap ones that sucked... actually, there were
> some pretty robust ones (Gravis Joysticks come to Mind), but all the cool
> Thrustmaster Stick + Thrustmaster Thrust Thingie + Weapon Control system +
> Rudder Pedals + X they recommended in the magazines were just too
> expensive... aah... those were the days... i remember loving reading my
> computer games mags then... maybe i'm too old now.
>
> But dang, Wing Commander was a blast anyway!

	Lol........I never had the cool stuff either. :) My conventional joystick
ownership career consisted of a Gravis stick (this one was cheap & junky,
actually), Logitech Wingman (the basic white one...horrible), a Logitech
Wingman Extreme Digital (pretty decent), and a MS Sidewinder FF Pro. These
days I use a USB board to hook my own hardware up to, though at the moment
the only scratch-built gear I'm using is a basic landing gear/flaps/switch
panel, and a 3-slider throttle box (both for flight sims). For a joystick
I've got a gameport Suncom Talon hacked into the USB card, and a used pair of
gameport Thrustmaster RCS pedals, also wired for the USB card. I've still got
axis and button inputs to spare...man, if only we'd had this cool USB stuff
back in the day!

	-Matt Bailey