Re: [pygame] usb game controllers

Terry Hancock wrote:
While we're on the subject, what about "Spaceball" devices, such as:

http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/specs.aspx?EDC=479136

I'm using pygame with a Space Mouse (which, in principle, is the same as a Spaceball). However, this can't be accessed like a joystick, instead I was wrapping the SDK by 3dconnexion (the module is available here: http://cgkit.sourceforge.net/). Unfortunately, this SDK is only available for Windows. Another drawback is, it only works with a patched version of pygame as the official version doesn't allow receiving arbitrary system events. I've sent the patch to the pygame people, but I believe it wasn't applied yet (I just wanted to check, but the CVS repository doesn't seem to be available anymore via web...).

- Matthias -