Re: [pygame] pygame slow on linux (ubuntu)

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:01:07PM -0400, spotter . wrote:
> Thank you all for your advice and help. I have been trying to move all
> the code now to .convert() and to render updates and dirty rects, and
> I already see an increase in speed on windows at least. I will work at
> making the code optimised and will let you all know if that does the
> trick under ubuntu with my video card, although I should just inverst
> in cheap card anyway.

For what it's worth, I run ubuntu and had very bad (s3 or trident or
something) onboard video, and 3d gaming was impossible.  Even zsnes
would only run at a usable speed if I used the lowest resolution
(256x224) and then used ctrl alt KP+/KP- to make it bigger on my
monitor.  Well I found a free older radeon via craigslist and just using
the 'ati' xorg driver (no binary stuff), everything is nice and smooth.

--
Nick Welch | mack @ incise.org | http://incise.org