Re: [pygame] 3D sample code

Kamilche wrote:

Is there a way to render 3d objects out to disk only, and use the renders in a normal Pygame program? Is there any advantage to doing so, in speed, or memory, or anything?

It is possible to render to a texture and grab that back, but I don't think you could do that in PyGame without creating an OpenGL display first. I don't think it would be pracitcal to render 3D models and blit them in 2D. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Although maybe it could be done with a software based OpenGL implementation, like Mesa3D. :-/

Will