Re: gl, image.save crash... was (Re: [pygame] Automated Builds)

Further testing shows that the pixels pointer for an opengl SDL surface is NULL.

Lenard

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
I have no idea why an opengl surface save is handled in such a convoluted way.

Brian Fisher wrote:
I get what the new code is trying to do - but my point was that at some point a surface is written out to a file - I was specifically asking how that is accomplished, possibly deep in SDL land. If SDL was able to lock the GL display surface, and get a * to the pixels, then wouldn't you be able to treat saving the screen exactly the same as all other surfaces?