Re: [pygame] Tests crashing Automatic Build page + Compiling PyGame on Windows

Nicholas Dudfield wrote:
Yeah my display was at 16bit and I didn't have numpy installed.
I have both numpy and Numeric installed. surfarray defaults to Numeric.

All is working fine now, I briefly had a weird crash of HEAD compiled here but I can't repeat it. The tests work and are passing now.
Let's hope if this is a Pygame bug it shows up in some other, more predictable, way soon.

Any ideas for how to go about wrapping each in it's own process. Probably extending unittest would be the best way yeah?

The subunit module uses os.fork which is unavailable on Windows (http://www.robertcollins.net/unittest/subunit/README). I don't know how to handle hung processes in a portable way as the os.kill function is only available on Unix.

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:
What is your display's color setting? I have 24 bit True Color. 32 bit True Color is more common. This affects the default surface format. I just managed to freeze the unit tests by setting my display to 16 bit High Color.

--
Lenard Lindstrom
<len-l@xxxxxxxxx>