[pygame] Optimizing py2exe for pygame

py2exe is overkill on the standard instructions.

As far as python is concerned, I know which modules I need because I imported them--pygame, random and os. The output, however, seems to give me every module on my python 2.5.2 setup.

Has anyone on this list written a py2exe setup script to get something more... sensible? My 7MB binary dist directory works* but 7 megabytes is far and away too big for my game.

Would I use include to compile only the modules I need or do I need to makes a lengthy exclude list?

Thanks for your time in reading this.

Peace.--Chris

*on exit, "pygame.error: video system not initialized"... if it wasn't initialized, why was it working? Likely topic of my next post to this list.