Re: [pygame] pygame.movie installation

Prahlad Vaidyanathan wrote:
> $ python -c "import pygame.movie"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 1, in ?
> ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/pygame/movie.so: undefined symbol: SMPEG_new_rwops
>
> I can't figure this one out. I grepped around for this, and found it
> only in src/movie.c, but in none of the header files. I'm not a
> programmer, so I don't know what else to look for.

this puzzles me. apparantly it can find the shared lib for SMPEG, and it
doesn't have any problems with any of the other smpeg functions? i just
doublechecked the smpeg source, there's no options to build smpeg
without support for rwops.

actually, looking over things. it looks like rwops support was added
fairly recently to smpeg. it looks like you'll need SMPEG version 0.4.3
or above. (it was added april 2001)
http://cvs.icculus.org/horde/chora/diff.php/smpeg.h?rt=smpeg&r1=1.24&r2=1.25&f=h

i'm suspecting this is the problem?