Re: [pygame] ANN: pygame 1.7.0 for Mac OS X 10.3

Bob,

Got a bug for you. How do I access your bug reporting system?

Briefly, I have art with black skip-color, and I use the alpha blending feature of pygame to fade the art in. Before 1.7 the art faded in beautifully. Now the art fades in without skipping color until the alpha reaches 255. So I get lots of black around the characters as they fade in.

Also, I'm having trouble playing sound effects, but that seems to be an issue with py2app. Music (streamed sound) plays fine, but preloaded sound hangs the system while it plays and is silent. Music and SFX are all ogg. Worked fine with bundleBuilder. Maybe I'm using the wrong recipe with py2app, or I need to explicitly load a framework.

hope you can help,
Keith Nemitz
Mousechief Co.