Re: [pygame] ANN: pygame 1.7.0 for Mac OS X 10.3

On Mar 13, 2005, at 16:11, Keith Nemitz wrote:

Got a bug for you. How do I access your bug reporting system?

Briefly, I have art with black skip-color, and I use the alpha blending feature of pygame to fade the art in. Before 1.7 the art faded in beautifully. Now the art fades in without skipping color until the alpha reaches 255. So I get lots of black around the characters as they fade in.

Also, I'm having trouble playing sound effects, but that seems to be an issue with py2app. Music (streamed sound) plays fine, but preloaded sound hangs the system while it plays and is silent. Music and SFX are all ogg. Worked fine with bundleBuilder. Maybe I'm using the wrong recipe with py2app, or I need to explicitly load a framework.

This was a bug in one of the AltiVec optimized blitters in the provided SDL framework. An updated version of the pygame package with this bug fixed has been placed on http://pythonmac.org/packages/

There *may* be bugs in other optimized but rarely used blits, they were tested mostly by example (I ran several games against them to verify correctness). If you see something that's blitting strangely, then set an environment variable SDL_DISABLE_CPUFEATURES sometime before "import pygame". If it goes away, boil it down to a simple example that demonstrates this blit, send it to me, and I'll fix it.

-bob