Re: [pygame] New transformations for future Pygame releases

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Richard Goedeken
<SirRichard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  impressive.  It appears that AGG does not have a function to do what Ian was
>  asking for though - transforming a rectangle to an arbitrary quadrilateral.
>  What it can do, though, is transform a rectange to an arbitrary parallelogram.

look here:
http://antigrain.com/demo/image_perspective.jpg
the perspective mapping is optional, it can do bilinear mapping to an
arbitrary quad.
in fact, you probably just want to browse all these:
http://antigrain.com/demo/index.html

trust me, agg has it all. moreover, since it's really just a c++
template based graphics pipeline system, it's really pretty easy to
extend. However it's not really a library of various operations either
- if pygame were to use it, it's not an issue of making binding to
feature X, it's an issue of putting together the appropriate pieces to
do the desired operation.