Re: [pygame] New transformations for future Pygame releases

Brian Fisher wrote:
look here:
http://antigrain.com/demo/image_perspective.jpg
the perspective mapping is optional, it can do bilinear mapping to an
arbitrary quad.
in fact, you probably just want to browse all these:
http://antigrain.com/demo/index.html

trust me, agg has it all. moreover, since it's really just a c++
template based graphics pipeline system, it's really pretty easy to
extend. However it's not really a library of various operations either
- if pygame were to use it, it's not an issue of making binding to
feature X, it's an issue of putting together the appropriate pieces to
do the desired operation.

Yep, you're right; I was looking in the wrong place. AGG does look quite impressive. It's big enough that it probably deserves its own pygame module if it were to be integrated. One possible concern that should be considered is speed. Since pygame is designed for games, these operations need to be fast enough to be practical for pygame-based games. Usually there is a trade-off between speed and quality, and it looks like AGG is targeting maximum image quality.

Richard