Re: [pygame] AGG library

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Marcus von Appen <mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  It's more a general bug-fixing and making SDL_gfx more platform-neutral
>  where necessary so we can incorporate its code easily (as done in some
>  functions already) and/or link to it using an own module. So the code
>  and information flow will go in both directions.

Like I said, doing that kind of work with SDL_gfx sounds great. I just
would love to have any new features I don't see in SDL_gfx, and I
would think it would be better if new feature support in SDL_gfx that
pygame utilizes come from an established tested lib that already has
such features. And AGG is the only one I know that I think fits the
bill.

>  "scale angle color and sub-pixel position" sounds like some typical
>  bullshit bingo phrase ;-). Can you give an example about what a result
>  of this operation will look like?

display_surface.render(source_surface, pos=(100.5, 50.5), scale=(.5,
1), angle=45, color=(255, 128, 128, 128))

and then you would have source_surface drawn onto display surface
rotated 45 degrees, red tinted, half transparent, squished to half
size along the x and drawn at a subpixel position instead of clamping
to integer.

The art in this game here was drawn that way:
http://wikgame.com/Gallery.html