Re: [pygame] Does PyGame support Ogg Vorbis "OOTB"?

Hi!

    I had asked before but centered it on recording and was given the page
for the mixer but no record features. The burning onto CD is resolved and
works fine but do we have a way to translate wav to OGG?

    I would like to know if someone has written a module to convert formats
into other formats?

    I have not gone to the tutorial page mentioned below yet, but would like
to know since OGG files are much smaller then wav files.

        Bruce

Subject: Re: [pygame] Does PyGame support Ogg Vorbis "OOTB"?

I've written a tutorial on sound with pygame.

You can find it at http://takira.freehosting.net/

Feel free to extend it or whatever.

Also at the same page you can find the PyMP program
which  aims to play sound files the pygame way. It
should be useful.

Now for the *.ogg files, they sure are playable in
Linux and Windows.

Good luck with your tutorial.
Takis