[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[pygame] Searching for a mentor
- To: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: [pygame] Searching for a mentor
- From: Ivan Popov <thema3xman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:48:34 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: pygame-users-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:48:37 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=Su5hJuTpaFh5LqoteRWvfXLIeeZKLudr+fXJVh2ATlE=; b=N3BaO4owTWcATynS0Po0CUMvItFOfRwEP362g/P67WVNn/ZQBWBTvK1BdNa47nV1mw TpjuSwXaE/EzP77pff7ZKl+Am1kd6MyPBZWCFS13QurbakSh6fKmd9FmZgLaAxlqUQSb NbExoZOUS6u16M9Gf6U0iCefmSfXtoYeEtYlQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=googlemail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; b=ewWlJYEFI0vWiIqK8iSe7OXq7BF4sJAcifGFJfO56OZ/JXakcDNJV/POhvNIhP4Nzu 0+L/X17kOlnAevHrtUZqhtrvlSjeIWjkzPFRMwhJ8IQ622+dETMz+m1yt5iShyiiNHEB Hhrkz8FMRs1kI0HbAhP1se6ZxRrjeYx5t13hA=
- Reply-to: pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-pygame-users@xxxxxxxx
Firstly, let me introduce myself - my name is Ivan Popov and I am a
PhD student in Bioinformatics. However, I have the hobby of writing
Python programs and as a home project I have created my own RLRPG. You
can find some information about it on http://artisan.hit.bg.
I'd like to enter the Google Summer of Code as a student with one of
the Pygame projects. Unfortunately the project in question - "Improved
sprite and scene system" still doesn't have a mentor assigned. Thus I
am writing to ask if there is anyone willing to be my mentor for the
project. I haven't used any graphics in a game, so it will be
interesting to do.
Conversely, if no mentor is available, I'd like to work on the
"pgreloaded example suite". I'll be happy to study pgreloaded and
build a set of helpful examples.
I am very comfortable with writing Python code, and have some experience in C++.
I am looking forward to hearing any suggestions and advice and working
in the Pygame community!