Re: [pygame] GSoC Proposal: Basic gui system

Having written a few pygame guis, I agree with Marcus and Ian.
But, having said that, it would be possible to make a powerful enough gui that is rather abstract, but still is useful, you just need to do it correctly. A basic gui that fits in with the event system (to get, suppress, and return), with app and widget classes that can handle every kind of input/rendering would suffice for the extensibility.
Then you can add simple things like buttons/labels/etc.

I am sure a lot of people would use it - which may be reason enough to do it. But personally I still don't think it will be worth it - simple widgets are trivial to write...

Cheers