[pygame] GSoC Proposal: Basic gui system

Hi,

I would really like to have a pygame.gui module. Many/all pygame
programs need to have a user interface and often it's more than two
buttons. Thats always the same and why always reinvent the wheel?
There are some pygame guis but I neither like dependences nor I want
to redistribute external modules. In addition, I haven't yet found the
ultimate pygame gui (if there is one, include that).
So, I think it would be cool to have a well thought out, easy
extensible gui system within pygame including some basic elements like
button, label, entry, etc. and a kind of geometry manager.
Of course you can write that yourself every time you need it but (i
think) its not fun but only waste of time.

Regards
Jug