Re: [pygame] Advice on Game Engine

> I remember having thought 'there really should be an event mechanism
> implemented in python', either in the language or as an easy - to - use
> - extension. Has anyone advice on keeping python event driven
> programming simple and clear?

Please, have a look at http://lgt.berlios.de/ where you will find a
set of modules I am working on for pygame development.

I have my own event driver, which works very nicely for simple apps,
and networked apps.. My company is currently using this system to
synchronise systems across our local network. It uses twisted for the
socket handling. It is also quite self contained, so you can use
however you wish. I've used it with the pygame and the wx event loop.

I suggest you install all the packages, then run the test.py which is
bundled with the director source code. It has a very simple example
which shows some OpenGL sprites being rotated, and a simple function
which is called when a QUIT event is posted to the SDL queue.

All this stuff is very much a work in progress, I am changing things
daily, and trying to update the berlios site each night, so things may
not work for you 'out of the box'.

Sw.