Re: [pygame] loading images and sounds

Charles Joseph Christie II schrieb:
So, I have a helpers.py file that I imported into all of my files. It loads sounds, images and music. However, when I load an image, I can't do anything with it because pygame keeps saying that "tuple object has no attribute 'blit'" and I can't do anything.

I noticed at the bottom of this helper file, it says "return image, image.get_rect()" on it. What should I do with that then?

Here is the file that is causing the problem and the helpers.py file. this is due on the 3RD OF MAY OH DANG IT GOT HERE FAST!!! :P

(I said I wouldn't be rushing to get it out at the end of the deadline and, hey look, I'm rushing to get it out at the end of the deadline. Go figure. <_< )

Help is appreciated! I need all the help I can get!
Hi

I think you function is actually returning a tuple like this: (image_surface, image_rect)

So you can do either:

img, rect = load_img(....)

of if you want to store the tuple (for what reason):

image_tuple = load_img(...)

img = image_tuple[0]
rect = image_tuple[1] # you also could do img, rect = image_tuple

The python help and the pygame documentation should help in most of the cases, if not, you can still ask here :-)

~DR0ID