Re: [pygame] PyGame Runtime

On 5/7/07, Ethan Glasser-Camp <glasse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think in the ultra-casual market, Pygame is going to forever lose to
Flash. Flash games run straight from the browser with no download. I
don't think we can beat that, at least not with a technology like the
one proposed by Will McGugan. Do we want to try to undercut Flash? If
so, what we need to do is start thinking about how to effectively
sandbox Python (widely accepted as impossible?) and get pygame apps to
run in the browser (deep magic?). I'm not sure this is a worthy goal
for us in any case -- it certainly doesn't excite me personally.

Actually when it comes to money in the PC games market, flash games in
the browser don't make nearly as much as downloadable titles. People
often make downloadable binaries out of flash though, cause it is a
great environment to make professional games.