Re: [pygame] file mods and svn props for executables

mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Marius Gedminas <marius@xxxxxxxxx>:

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 09:46:29PM +0200, Marcus von Appen wrote:

[...]
  sh myfoo.py

works just great, even without the executable bit (as supposed by bourne
shells).

No it does not.  Please do not spread disinformation.

Just checked it multiple times - it seems to be system- and shell-dependent,
so I'm terribly sorry for writing nonsense.

Could be something that is turned off by default. Out of curiosity, does your shell trick work with a python file without a sha-bang line?

As for the executable mode let's compromise. No files in SVN will have an svn:executable property. But I will add a script to trunk that sets the executable mode for appropriate files, setup.py, config.py, run_tests.py and the examples. First I will verify that SVN ignores modes when committing.

Lenard