Re: [pygame] SDL_ffmpeg vs ffmpeg

Hi again,

A follow up. I finally built ffplay for Windows. It played the sample Motion-JPEG file. So this confirms that stock ffmpeg recognizes the format. It also means Motion-JPEG will be supported in the new movie module.

Lenard

Lenard Lindstrom wrote:

Well I fed black_duck.mov to my Windows build of ffmpeg and got a .avi file out. I don't know if ffmpeg actually understood the codec, or simply swapped wrappers.
[snip]

For some reason ffplay didn't build for Windows. But the linux version I built did play the Motion-JPEG file. So it looks like the format will be supported for free.

Lenard

Alexandre Quessy wrote:
Hi everyone,
Don't worry, Tyler and Lenard. I am glad if I can help you guys
developing a better support for such formats in Pygame. I really think
it worths it for the reason I mentioned earlier.

Here is an example of a motion-JPEG movie file :
http://toonloop.com/static/black_duck.mov It was made with ToonLoop, a
Python application using Pygame. (exporting JPEG and using mencoder to
convert it to Motion-JPEG)

I will most likely set up a Windows box this summer, for
cross-platform development. For now, I only have Linux and Mac
computers around. I can test on those platform any code you ask me to
test. I know C and C++ as well.