Re: [pygame] State of the movie module in pygame 1.9.0

Hi Tyler and Bram,

One thing I noticed that caused seg faults was a movie file that was too short, maybe plays only a minute or two in length. For me it a longer movie passed more tests, though not all of them worked well. When __movie_test.py got to the point where it was printing numbers to the terminal -- maybe the second to last while(1) loop -- the system started floundering -- my computer doesn't have much memory -- so it took 10 minutes before the computer recognize a shutdown signal and power down. Either _movie/ffmpeg are memory hogs or there is a memory leak somewhere.

Lenard

Tyler Laing wrote:
I'll take a look at this when I get home tonight. For now I'm at work. What this indicates to me is that for some reason surf is seen as an object.