Re: [pygame] Distributing a Pygame game on Linux

Ok, I've updated the build (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8347940/A%20Scholar%20In%20The%20Woods%20-%20Post%20Compo%20-%20Linux.tar.gz).

From what I've seen, the problem doesn't come from cx_Freeze: libtinfo may be included in ncurses or not, depending on the distribution (http://community.freepascal.org/bboards/message?message_id=682920&forum_id=24090). Since ncurses is a system library, it's not included in the build by cx_Freeze. The only thing to do is to include libtinfo manually with the "bin_includes" instruction, so that it works regardless of the distribution. I haven't changed anything else, cx_Freeze seems to do the job very well. Could anyone tell me if anything is broken again?

I've also uploaded the sources and the setup script, I think it could be useful for anyone who wants to distribute a Pygame app with cx_Freeze. The setup script works on Windows as well (and maybe on Mac too, no idea), which is quite practical. Links:
ZIP archive with the sources and the setup script: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8347940/Pygame%20cx_Freeze%20setup.zip
Setup script alone: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8347940/setup.py
Setup script alone (on Pastebin): http://pastebin.com/wSAR2g02

Hope it helps!

Kevin

Le mardi 14 mai 2013 23:04:17 UTC+2, Thomas Kluyver a Ãcrit :
You may need to use ldd on the libraries you find by running ldd on the binary.

cx_Freeze is actually running ldd internally to do precisely this [1]. It's just some of the later heuristics that seemingly exclude some of the required libraries. If you've got time to work out what's going wrong, we should be able to fix it in cx_Freeze. The source isn't very large if you want to have a look at it, although it's a bit short on comments.

Thomas