Re: [pygame] sprite groups and tilesheets

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 10:10:56AM -0500, Michael Fiano wrote:
> I managed to get my 3 layers (bg, player, fg) rendered with
> LayeredDirty sprite groups. They all draw correctly and even in the
> right order. The problem I'm having now is getting the map to scroll
> without blitting manually. What must I do exactly to get scrolling to
> work? Basically what I want to do is redraw the player only when it's
> moving, and redraw the bg and fg only when it's scrolling. I included a
> gzipped tar of my project if anyone can give me some pointers.

If you are making a game with scrolling, you should probably get used to
the idea that you will be re-drawing everything every time.

If I understand correctly, you are asking about how to redraw the
background and forgeground but NOT the player when you scroll, right?
But any scrolling implies that the character is going to be moving too.

...or maybe I misunderstand what you are trying to do.

---
James Paige