Re: [pygame] sprite groups and tilesheets

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:10:53 -0800
James Paige <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you are making a game with scrolling, you should probably get used
> to the idea that you will be re-drawing everything every time.
>
> If I understand correctly, you are asking about how to redraw the
> background and forgeground but NOT the player when you scroll, right?
> But any scrolling implies that the character is going to be moving
> too.

The map isn't always scrolling. there is a 1/4 margin around the screen
that activates the scrolling; it doesn't scroll unless the player tries
to move more than 75% in any direction. i want to have a faster
framerate when there is no scrolling by only updating the player and the
background and foreground contained in it's rect area. 32x32 x3,
compared to about 2000x2000 x3. i'm thinking theres a big difference,
or am i not getting something?