Re: [pygame] First / Third person shooter?

go to http://nehe.gamedev.net/
click on the lessons on the right

at the bottom of every lesson there is the equivalent python code for download

the only commands in the tutorial you need to worry about are those pertaining to OpenGL
If you understand C/C++ then it will also help you read them

a simple program would do the following:

start pygame with the OpenGL and double buffer flags set
Start OpenGL
Set some default OpenGL settings (enabling what you would use)
Set the viewport (you can think of this as setting a camera)
place some object to the screen
update the screen

another website you could use would be http://www.swiftless.com/tutorials/opengl/opengltuts.html
This website only shows you how to do it in C++ but its fairly easy to follow
Keep in mind that the glut calls in this tutorial should be replaced by pygame calls for creating the window
and by glu calls for setting up the camera

-- Maranatha!
---------------------------------
PFC aka Fezzik aka GAB

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Vitor Bosshard <algorias@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2009/11/27 Ian Mallett <geometrian@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I would actually agree with that.  Plus, learning OpenGL now will give you
> more flexibility later.  I recommend the Python ports of the NeHe tutorials,
> which are fairly simple

Do you have a link for that? Googling didn't turn up the python
version you mention.

Thanks,
Vitor