Re: [pygame] Mac Newbie - Help!

Hmmm... I figured I'd start fresh, so I downloaded the .sit file from
pygame.org, unstuffed it, stuck it in the Python folder, added the folder to
the Prefs, and tried to do:

>>> from pygame import *

which gives me this error

"ImportError: No module named base"

If I just do this:

>>> import pygame
>>> dir(pygame)

I don't get most of the modules, only ['__builtins__', '__doc__',
'__file__', '__name__', '__path__', 'ver', 'version'].

On the pygame site it says that the .sit file is for the Mac OS but when it
unstuffs, most of the files have .carbon.slb appended to them (e.g.
base.carbon.slb). SO, I guess my next question is, where can I get versions
of the modules that are not carbonized? This whole thing is making my
noggin' hurt...

Any further help (or aspirin) would be much appreciated:) Thanks.