Re: Distribution of Work (was: Re: [pygame] quadtrees)

Gerrit Holl wrote:
> I am wondering why it runs slow. Many old dos games were able to run
> much faster on a 286. Is that only because they had direct hardware
> access?
> Or is it because they are written in C and am I hitting at a python
> problem here?

Given that Feyna's Quest (http://eldwood.com/feyna/) runs at a smooth 30 fps
with parallex scrolling on my old 500 MHz computer, I'd say that you are
definitely not utilizing your computer's full potential.  I'm not sure if
this is Python's/PyGame's fault or your own.

--
Rainer Deyke - rainerd@eldwood.com - http://eldwood.com