Re: [pygame] Re: Images and Sounds

> I was wondering if any of you liked the idea of a directory
> on pygame (not CVS) that would have a lot of pictures and
> sounds for you to download?

Even though the focus of the discussion has been images, it might be
more helpful to concentrate on sounds first. Sounds are more generic and
can easily be reused between programs without making all the games look
alike. For example, a spaceship image is only useful in a certain type
of game, and only if it's the right size, etc. By contrast, an explosion
or a zap is very general and easy to reuse (or to swap out if a better
one comes along).

Sound also adds a lot to the experience of a game: like salt to a soup,
which you don't notice by its own taste but by the way it brings the
rest of the soup (game) to life.

Once you have a directory of sounds that is proving itself useful, you
can undertake the much larger effort of a directory of images.

But that's just my opinion and I won't be participating in the effort.

--
  People might say, "That's too bad about the earthquake. Now let's
  play a little video poker."