Re: [pygame] Games for blind players

I am blind and a python programmer, so would like to weigh in here.
First, if you are developing for blind students, it is almost certain
that the user already has a screen reader installed (a program that
reads text aloud and/or shows it on an electronic braille display). If
you want to use speech at all, I highly recommend the
accessible_output package, from
http://hg.qwitter-client.net
There are other utilities there that you may find useful as you
develop the game. If you use sound, the game_utils or sound_lib
packages may come in handy as well. Depending on the game, you may not
need pygame at all; it could be done with wx (to my knowledge, tk guis
aren't accessible by blind users) and some use of event handlers and
bound methods. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do
this and what would work best for blind players.

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)