Re: [pygame] Closing issue 211 with big-endian CPU test

On 23 October 2015 at 07:33, Renà Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I guess we should incorporate the Debian changes, but I wanted to check with Thomas if what I did was ok? (see revs 14-19).

Fine by me. I just copied the packaging from Debian/Ubuntu originally anyway, so bringing in the updates is probably useful.
They use an interesting method to do a hg clone. I'm not sure how to actually use this though... (see get-orig-source-hg in rules). In rev 19 I changed that to get the latest rev from hg. But I guess they want to specify a specific version.

AFAIK, the builders never actually run that target (and even if they did, they don't have outside network access). Unlike everything else in debian/rules, it's there for human packagers to run to get the data and then upload it. Debian packaging can be pretty ugly at times.

Since you already have a machine running a custom webhook when there are new commits, perhaps it's best to use that to upload directly to Launchpad for PPA builds, bypassing Launchpad's code import and recipe builds:
https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/Uploading

You'd need to work out how to get from a source tree to a Debian source package locally, though. I'm sure GPG signatures are involved somehow.

Best wishes,
Thomas