Re: [pygame] Anyone use Blender to create sprite sequences?

Dave Mikesell wrote:
- Create sprite geometry in base position
- Copy geometry and rotate/morph/etc. for frame N
- Render frame N to file
- Repeat for all frames in animation sequence
The way 3d packages work is you actually animate the 3d objects over time. You shouldn't need to making a separate copy for each frame. Although I admit I am not framiliar with how Blender operates.

All the sprite graphics for Solarwolf are rendered with this technique through the POVray renderer. There is a simple scene for each sprite, most with a bit of animation data. Each frame is rendered to a separate image, and then Imagemagick is a simple way to filmstrip them back into a single image.

I cannot take credit for the Solarwolf sprite graphics. They were created by Eero Tamminen. These source scenes for the graphics are available as a separate download if you are interested.
http://www.pygame.org/shredwheat/solarwolf/solarwolf-gfx-src-1.5.tar.gz