Re: [pygame] Help Starting/doing The Main Code

Guilherme Seilá wrote:
> Well, I want to make an action platformer game like the metroid series,
> mega man series, castlevania series etc.
> I already have the sprites and the music, just need to know how to
> program the main code. I've looked at the code of many games, but each
> one of them was written differently... and no one of them had a weapon
> for the player to use. All of them were just platformers, jump and dodge.
> I have no idea of where to start... It doesn't look very hard too.

From reading just this message, I get the impression that you may have
bitten off more than you can chew.  A platform game can be quite
difficult for a first project - especially a scrolling platform game.

The key to any game is getting the right images onscreen at the right
locations.

If you can get your main sprite in a blank window and move it around,
you've taken the first step.  After that, things get much, much more
complicated when you add scrolling backgrounds and collision detection.