[pygame] Window move oddity

I'm currently working on a simple platform game engine using Python 2.5.2 win32 and Pygame 1.8.1.

The main character's location is defined by x and y floats. The levels are stored in a tree format to allow for vast open spaces. Nothing ground-breaking. I've been working on the collision system.

In certain situations, moving the game window (800x600) on the Windows desktop sometimes causes the main character to teleport upwards on screen to the next available platform. Does anyone know if moving the pygame display window sends some kind of event to Pygame? Printing all events in pygame.event.get() reveals no event occurring when the window moves and the character teleports. It doesn't always happen, but when it does it doesn't matter if I move the window 1 pixel or across the desktop.

Where the character teleports and how is obviously because of my screwy unfinished collision detection, because if I comment out the collision detection calls the oddity doesn't appear.

But I just wondered if anyone knows why moving the window would trigger anything?

Aaron