Re: [pygame] Installing pygame with pip

On 28 September 2016 at 16:10, Jorge Maldonado Ventura <jorgesumle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, it works with the --pre flag. Anyone can now test my game with pip: sudo pip3 install --pre bullet_dodger

Great! I'll give it a try later on.

By the way, using sudo with pip is generally frowned on these days, because it can disrupt system stuff. It's better to either create environments (with virtualenv/conda) to install into, or use 'pip install --user' to install packages into a per-user location.

 I'll update the installation instructions from the README of my project, thank you very much, Thomas Kluyver. That --pre won't be neccessary in the future for my project when 1.9.2 release is available.

Yep, that's right. Hopefully the OSX thing can get resolved soon and a release can happen.