Re: [school-discuss] appindex

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 15:17 -0600, cdmiller wrote:

> Do you just need Freshmeat to start a more exculsive category than:
> http://freshmeat.net/browse/71/
>
> There is also:
> http://sourceforge.net/search/?words=education&type_of_search=soft
>
> And:
> http://savannah.gnu.org/search/?words=education&type_of_search=soft&Search=Search&exact=1#options
>
> I agree it would be nice for everthing to be listed in one place but it
> would not be nice for projects not in Freshmeat to be dropped from the list.
>
> - cameron

What Les said.  Plus, there is a subtle difference between these
categorizations and what we tried to do with the AppIndex.  These
categories all list software with the primary usage of education.  Our
AppIndex lists software of use in education.  So we include
OpenOffice.org for example, which doesn't show up in the education
categories on any of these.

--
Doug Loss              Unquestionably, there is progress.
drloss@xxxxxxxxxx      The average American pays out twice