Re: [school-discuss] Applications / Open Source / Clipart

Sharon Betts wrote:
Yes, you are on the right track.  Just a note that there is an abundance
of free clipart for teachers.  Just do a search on teacher clipart.  That
eliminates the step using Inkscape.

Sharon

Ah, but I did that originally, and here's the kind of licensing restrictions you run into:

"Permission to Use Clip Art: Permission is granted to download no more than ten different clip art images for non-revenue-producing use on hard copy documents or on Web sites with the following restrictions:
* Any reproduction must be unaltered from its original downloaded form. This includes, but is not limited to, colorization, cropping, or editing.
* Any use of clip art images on Web sites must credit Discoveryschool.com and include a link to the Discoveryschool.com Web site. Credit must read - "Clip art licensed from the Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com"

And all of the ones I looked at that way had some kind of restriction. They all said 'free clipart'. This is why I gravitated towards open clip art, the spirit of schoolforge after all... I would much rather see teachers be able to generate material that they can in turn donate to the public domain for any other teacher to use, than have them use content and/or applications that limit what others can do with the material they generate.

Daniel