Re: [school-discuss] BASIC-256, Linux, &c.

I believe what is being suggested is that windows is notorious for
corrupting the hard drive and producing the errors you might be
getting. The solution, if that is the case, is to format the hard drive
and re-install everything from scratch. At HP many years ago, that
was standard procedure at least once a year if not more often.

My feeling is - get a real operating system that doesn't have those sort
of problems. My wife use to use windows and we had that problem every
year until she switched to a Mac, and since then we have never had
a single problem. Of course I use Linux and don't have the problem as
well.

Bill.