Re: [school-discuss] BASIC-256, Linux, &c.

I won't argue that MS OS needs maintenance, but then they all do. I've never heard of anyone accusing MS of "corrupting" hard drives, that's a new one. Anyway, if you're interested in real operating systems, you might try OpenBSD, if you care about quality and attention-to-detail, I would advise you compare the different *BSD's and GNU/Linux OS's to each other. I have relatively few problems with MS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on an Intel motherboard, with an WD Caviar Black HD, with USB3 issues being my main concern. I have had a few issues with GNU/Linux after updating, that shouldn't happen. If you have consistent problems with MS Windows 7, but GNU/Linux isn't causing any apparent problem, you might check your drivers, BIOS firmware for updates, etc.

regards,
Daniel Villarreal
http://youcanlinux.wordpress.com/