Re: [school-discuss] ISO Award suggestions and Software Freedom

hello,

to keep it friendly and color-blind neutral, how about "the do-nut".

mike eschman, etc ...

On Wednesday 05 February 2003 10:07 am, Kyle Hutson wrote:
. Douglas S. Blank wrote:
.
.  > Of course, these would be limited to free/open source. Suggest giving
.  > the award a name (something more encompassing than penguins, tux, etc):
.  >
.  >   Golden Apple Award (overused)
.  >   Golden Chalk Award (has been used a couple of times)
.  >   Golden Bit Award (also used a couple of times)
.  >   Golden Forge Award (not used; not a bad name)
.  >   Golden Nibble Award (not used, but an esoteric computer term, but
 cute) .
. How about a "golden doughnut award" - since they're open. I tried to
. think of other "open" things, but "golden puff-pastry award" just didn't
. have a good ring to it.
.
. Does it have to be "golden"?
.
. "open apple award" sounds too much like the reset sequence on the early
. Apple computers (yes, it's sad that I still remember this).
.
. Any more esoteric computer terms? All I can think of off the top of my
. head are networking (packet, port, ACK, SYN) which may not be appropriate.
. More to the human side: Fingers, Brain, Caffeine, perhaps?
.
.

--
(http://www.etc-edu.com ) Not just an afterthought ...