[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [school-discuss] an association for the open content
- To: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [school-discuss] an association for the open content
- From: Teprine Baldo <teprine76@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:56:32 -0500 (EST)
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:56:54 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.ca; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Message-ID; b=aUtXRD0IBovLtc7o1jVQz045Rd2kb7499diQg9hkYzHPW7Uo4ZTBFzcpQgT46ZZn5Dsl7Fjr6U/t0/F/SkVFz1IULPzupd8Yf22wacukhQ4lltYFm1E2KHxmyRdxl9GruSzYnKVAEx/wmtD8pNURgYLKBADO1UWa2tx8HV9/bdA=;
- In-reply-to: <20070221084810.GA6415@finn>
- Reply-to: schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-schoolforge-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am interested, but cannot contribute until mid
april. I am writing a thesis on similar issues and
would be interested in putting some practical
applications to my work.
Let me know what you think I might be able to help out
--- Paolo Pumilia <xsocialsciences@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am glad to inform you that the group of university
> teachers and IT scholars
> is forging ahead with establishing an international
> non-profit association
> aimed at fostering proper use of information
> technologies in education and
> academic research, especially focusing on open
> access and open content.
> While mid-term projects will be publishing a monthly
> newsletter and organizing
> an annual conference (as you can read in the
> statute), our first immediate
> objective is to foster 'open communities' of
> teachers and researchers forging
> their own digital tools and to provide them the
> opportunity to meet and grow.
> It is up to us to establish the exec committee
> duties, at this stage, to
> pursue those objectives.
> Our first task will be just to discuss how the
> association could be
> instrumental in bringing such 'open content'
> communities to light.
> Maintaining connections with educational and
> research institutions and
> international institutions will probably be among
> our committments.
> I would appreciate your suggestions about people who
> could contribute in some way
> to set up and lead the association projects and
> available to be part of the
> Executive Committee.
> Here you can find the statutes draft:
> Your comments and help are very welcome
> Thank you
> Paolo Pumilia-Gnarini
Bleu Rouge Productions
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around