Re: [school-discuss] Re: an association for the open content - lyx users group?

Hi Paolo,

I also use LaTex in Open Admin and also use it daily for my tests, etc. I would also be interested in this.

I also have an online testbank that I wrote in 2001 that stores assessment items using LaTeX and generates tests using these. I'm not sure if there's any interest in this, but could pull out this code and dust it off....

Les Richardson
Open Admin for Schools

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Paolo Pumilia wrote:

From Gunnar Stefansson, Feb 21 at 9:07:
>It has been my hope that this kind of approach could be used for
>intructors to freely exchange teaching material at the source level
>(i.e. not just as pdf files) through the use of de facto standards
>(e.g. latex, not mathml).

Exchanging maths text is among my interests too. Have you tried the LyX (http;//lyx.org) graphical interface to provide your text to readers and coworkers, rather than plain latex files?

As a long standing lyx user, i would like to form a lyx user group of
teachers and scholars to exchange tips to deploy latex/lyx files through
the web and discuss enhancements to support didactics.

The lyx users and developers community is very responsive and would be
very glad to receive suggestions to improve their software.

Moreover, such group could be among the first commitments of the
'open culture' association.

best regards
--
Paolo