Re: [school-discuss] Lindows offered to educational sector

Mike Eschman said:

i hear from my techies that lindows is disappointing (being excessively polite).

I recently put Mandrake9.0 on a machine having Lindows for someone else; before
"pressing the button" I checked it out for about 3.5 minutes. I noticed they had a
proprietary version of TuxRacer that had more courses and more characters. They
made a big deal about it -- like that alone ought to be enough to go to Lindows.
I forget where that pitch occured -- some "About Lindows" menu item I think,
but that feature was near the top of their list of Lindows-only features.
Charlie Cosse