Re: Wiki name change?:[school-discuss] Free-Open Baccalaureate Idea

I too vote for curriculum, or curricula. If you want the baccalaureate in the name, then maybe openbacc.schoolforge.net, but I still think curricula.schoolforge.net is better.
Actually, the suffix (schoolforge) is a "branding" that already says you're in the context of free / open software & content for education.

- Yishay

David Bucknell wrote:

Hi Mark,

Yes, it's different. the URL could start with "curriculum" as you suggest. I was
using the one Daniel Carter, a former I.B. (International Baccalaureate)
student, suggested, F.O.B., or Free and Open Baccalaureate to give it an
international flavor and, also, because I want it to be clear that we can start
small -- lessons and units and supporting software and ... you name it.

However, I would appreciate a bit of "focus group" activity on this. QUESTION:
Do others think curriculum.schoolforge.net is better than sffob.schoolforge.net
-- more effective in the end? I'm for it, if you do think so.

David

Quoting Mark Rauterkus <Mark@Rauterkus.com>:

Would anyone object to us using the name http://sffob.schoolforge.net or
http://fob.schoolforge.net for the

http://sfzwiki.opensourceschools.org/sffob

wiki on creating a free and open curriculum with course content?

David

SFFOB = ?
FOB = ?

Is this effort for Free and Open Curriculum a different venture with a
different purpose from the book.schoolforge.net effort?

Why not curriculum.schoolforge.net ?

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus
mark@Rauterkus.com http://Rauterkus.com
http://CLOH.Org http://Sunnyhill.org http://www.Deliberate.com

Yishay Mor
http://ioewebserver.ioe.ac.uk/ioe/cms/get.asp?cid=4381&4381_0=7303
y.mor@ioe.ac.uk Ph +44(0)20 7612 6963 F +44(0)20 7612 6964 AIM,Yahoo: yishaym; Jabber: yishaym@jabber.org; ICQ: 179772099
If this helped you, please take the time to rate the value of this post:
http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=yishaym
celebrating 100 years of excellence in education www.ioe.ac.uk/centenary