Re: [school-discuss] Samba - Taking the Plunge

For logon scripting I would recommend using Kixtart (free) if you are
using older clients like Win95. I would recommend using DeepFreeze (not
free, but good) to lock down workstations. If no money, we have used
policies to lock and unlock boxes (for teacher use). We use the free
Regdump from pyzzo.com to do registry dumps before and after lockdown to
find out the changes made to allow for a custom lock.reg and unlock.reg,
etc.

The main reason for this scripting is to mount home directories.

Les Richardson
H. Hardcastle School