Re: [school-discuss] Replacement Hard Drive or Computer

how about buying a 16gb USB flash drive to run your OS... http://www.pendrivelinux.com/ of course an SSD would be more fun... but they remain expensive for the time being.  If possible choose one of the speedier flash sticks...  http://usbflashspeed.com/ ÂÂ

I am thinking of going that way for 5-10 older model computers at a university in Laos... Âthe current hard drives are in the 20-40gb range I think nearly 10 years old... ÂPIII cpus and 128mb ram.

Tim
j. Tim Denny, Ph.D.Â
ÂConsultant - International Development, Education and ICT
 SKYPE - jtdenny  Googletalk - denny.jt
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jtdenny
https://www.avuedigitalservices.com/VR/id130765695
While SAT scores might predict your success in the classroom, beyond a basic level of intelligence your passion, motivation, initiative, networking and hustle matter more than your grade-point average. ÂDale Stephens founder of UnCollege.org
https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=esi2y0whdhk52&utm_source=txemail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referral