Re: [school-discuss] Replacement Hard Drive or Computer

At my school, we actively seek out businesses who are about to refresh their computers and then get on their donation list in front of the ewaste companies; in addition as the school tech coordinator, I negotiated with admin to let us buy new computers as components from a local vendor, and my tech class assembles all of them - then I work with an upper grade class to image them using the linux-based FOG package (www.fogproject.org) - to date, we have built over 250 computers for my school in the past 5 years (nearly 50% of our campus). When I heard about this group a few weeks ago I was so excited to see what others have been doing, and would love to contribute on this thread especially.

Sent from my iPhone